2024年7月23日火曜日

Healthcare and Aging Society

 Yesterday, I had a somewhat serious injury and went to a large hospital. I noticed that there were very few young people around my age and mostly elderly people. Of course, it's expected that as people age, they visit hospitals more frequently, but the high proportion of elderly patients was quite striking. This made me curious about the relationship between healthcare and aging, so I did some research.

Before my research, I already suspected that advancements in healthcare might be contributing to aging, and my findings confirmed this. There is a mutual relationship between healthcare and this issue, with two major problems looming: the 2025 problem and the 2040 problem.

The 2025 problem refers to the challenges that arise from a rapidly aging society, including increased medical and nursing care costs, labor shortages, and ensuring the sustainability of social security systems. The 2040 problem indicates even more severe issues, with a sharp increase in the elderly population and a simultaneous decline in the working-age population, potentially impacting the maintenance of a healthy society and economic growth.

My research revealed that healthcare advancements, while being a cause of aging, are also being strained by the aging population. This creates a vicious cycle that needs urgent resolution.

高齢化と医療資源の逼迫 2025年問題と2040年問題をどう対策するか. (n.d.). オンライン診療・服薬指導の導入支援なら日本調剤. https://nicoms.nicho.co.jp/business/contents/20231010-02/

ドクターメイト編集部. (2023, December 7). 【2040年問題をわかりやすく解説】超高齢社会が抱える社会問題と対策とは | ドクターメイト. ドクターメイト. https://doctormate.co.jp/blog/blog-14163

1 件のコメント:

  1. Oh sorry to hear that, take care!!!

    You're right, it is a viscious circle that needs attentive care. There are so many things we have to worry about in Japan, such as the low global competitiveness, air pollution, sustainability, work life balance, aging population etc.
    The fact that we think we are wealthy but that we have to carry the burden of thinking about them constantly makes me think that we are pretty miserable compared to more "impoverished countries" than us. In recent years, I've been thinking that it's so absurd that I live in such a big city, Tokyo, where everything is in excess. Do I need all these fancy stores? No. All these buildings and vehicles that only cause stress and pollute the city? ...
    Maybe we've become too selfish, too greedy, we only think about our 年収 and status and never think about core things of our lives, such as "how to make my elderly parents lead a good second life stage", or "how to create meaningful time as an elderly or with an elderly", etc...
    It might sound absurd but maybe living in the countryside is the best solution. Buy a cheap land, be active, have your own farm, be active, be in peace, have a lovely community and spend time as a "real" human being, surrounded by nature, working in nature, thanking nature and finally returning to nature.

    返信削除

Healthcare and Aging Society

 Yesterday, I had a somewhat serious injury and went to a large hospital. I noticed that there were very few young people around my age and ...